EMP offers a variety of valuable events that support the efforts of local educators, including biannual Teacher Professional Development Days, Homeschool Days, and music and literary student competitions such as Write Out of This World.
Professional Development Days
Our Skills for 21st Century Educators series continues! Learn what’s new at EMP as our visionary curators highlight upcoming programs, test out your music skills at EMP’s Sound Lab, and tour the museum’s exciting new exhibits. Choose two of six skill-based workshops designed especially for educators, addressing a broad spectrum of student (and teacher) learning styles. Elementary and MS/HS learning targets will be addressed in each workshop.
- The iPad Classroom: Dive into Digital Audio/Visual Arts Projects for All Subject Areas
- Creating Music Videos: Visual Narrative and Collaborative Learning
- Moves and Grooves: BrainDance Gets Poppin’ with Hip-Hop Moves
- Build It! STEM Unites with Arts Through Architecture, Design, and Engineering
- Play It! World Music Rhythm Games for Your Classroom
- Selfies: Using Photography to Put Learning in the Picture
- October 25, 2014, EMP Museum, 8:30am–4:00pm
Beginning in fall 2014, EMP will offer homeschooled students and their families a unique opportunity to participate in thematic hands-on experiences centered on the museum’s exhibits and content. Each homeschool day will feature a different student-centered workshop led by a professional teaching artist, a guided gallery experience, and free time to explore our exciting and interactive exhibits. Registration for the first event in September will open soon.
- September 18, 2014
- November 20, 2014
- January 15, 2015
- March 19, 2015
- May 21, 2015