Youth Advisory Board
YAB connects teenagers to the Northwest's all ages arts and music scene by giving them an opportunity to be a driving force in EMP's teen programming.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at EMP Museum, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! EMP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create original content for The Soundboard, an online social network devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to EMP events and exhibit openings.
Call for Entries
Oh Snap! Photo Contest
EMP’s Youth Advisory Board is hosting Oh Snap!, a photography contest highlighting live performances in the Seattle music scene.
A maximum of eight winners will be selected to have their photographs displayed in Soundboard Alley at EMP, a youth-designed and curated section of the museum. Those selected will also win tickets and passes to events hosted by our partners Vera Project, The Crocodile, and Youth in Focus.
The winners will be chosen by the Youth Advisory Board.
- Participants must be 25 years of age or under
- A maximum of three photos may be submitted from each participant; any form of picture will be accepted (cell phone, DSLR, Polaroid, etc.)
February 16, 2016
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for YAB Members
- Screen and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off! and more
- Develop EMP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase EMP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on The Soundboard—EMP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene