Youth Advisory Board
YAB connects teenagers to the Northwest's all ages arts and music scene by giving them an opportunity to be a driving force in EMP's teen programming.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at EMP Museum, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! EMP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create original content for The Soundboard, an online social network devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to EMP events and exhibit openings.
Opportunities for YAB Members
- Screen and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off! and more
- Develop EMP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase EMP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on The Soundboard—EMP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene
Applications for the 2015-16 Youth Advisory Board will open June 1, 2015. Check this page then for the application link.
Youth who are interested in careers in the music and arts industry or have a passion for sci-fi and fantasy genres are highly encouraged to apply.
Open to youth entering grades 9-12.