Information Desk Volunteer
Volunteer Program Staff
Must commit to a minimum of one shift every two weeks, one shift weekly is preferred. Shifts are 10:00am–1:00pm and 1:00pm–4:00pm. In addition there is a 4:00pm–7:00pm shift during the summer months. Shifts are available every day of the week.
MoPOP's Information Desk Volunteers act as museum ambassadors for our diverse guests. From answering general museum questions to assisting with coat check to providing directions to Seattle tourist destinations, Information Desk volunteers are invaluable to the museum's goal of providing superior customer service. With training, they are knowledgeable about MoPOP's programs, changing exhibits, and history. Volunteers should enjoy interacting with the public. Information Desk Volunteers are stationed at one of three locations throughout the museum. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the guest experience while acting as a museum ambassador.
- Welcome guests and answer general MoPOP questions
- Remain knowledgeable about museum programs, exhibits, ticketing prices, and general information
- Provide superior customer service
- Provide general Seattle tourism information to guests
- Assist with coat check at main Info Desk location
- Report lost and found items to staff
- Assist with museum visitor rule enforcement
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing and friendly disposition
- Strong communication skills and comfort with guest interaction
- Welcoming personality and enthusiasm for working with museum’s diverse visitors
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is a plus
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility should difficult situations arise
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
- Main info desk position requires ability to stand for up to three hours and lift coat check items
- Able to commit to at least six months and to volunteer a minimum of two shifts a month
- 16+ years old, and we are happy to support high school service hours
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and reference check
Complete the online MoPOP Volunteer Application. If you have any questions, please email volunteers@MOPOP.org or call 206-770-2750. Please contact us to request a paper application.