Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at the Museum of Pop Culture, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! MoPOP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create and curate original content for The Voice Box and YAB Instagram, online social networks devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to MoPOP events and exhibit openings.
High school-aged youth can serve on YAB for up to two years.
Stay up-to-date with MoPOP's YAB group by following them on Instagram! @mopopyouth
The Youth Advisory Board meets bi-monthly during the school year.
YAB MEMBER OPPORTUNITIES
- Collaborate with local musicians, artists, and community groups
- Promote, screen, and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off!, and more
- Plan annual teen night at the museum
- Curate YAB-specific gallery at MoPOP
- Develop MoPOP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase MoPOP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on MoPOP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene
- Actively contribute to events, assisting at exhibit openings, developing relationships with MoPOP staff
- Receive opportunities for internships or paid summer employment