LAST UPDATED: July 17, 2023
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT.
When you visit and/or use our Site, we may collect your Device Information (as defined below), Order Information (as defined below), and/or Contact Information (as defined below). Collectively, Device Information, Order Information, and Contact Information are “Personal Information.”
- Device Information. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information that does not personally identify you but may uniquely identify the device you are using to visit the Site (e.g., your computer, tablet, or smartphone) (“Device”), including information about your web browser, your Device manufacturer, your operating system and version, general location information, IP address, and your time zone and language settings. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view on the Site, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
How We May Use Your Device Information:
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud, in particular, by using your IP address.
- To measure, analyze, improve, and optimize the performance of our Site.
- To show you ads about our products on third-party websites and applications.
- Order Information. To make a purchase through the Site, you will be required to provide certain information so that we can complete your purchase, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How We May Use Your Order Information:
- To send you invoices and/or order confirmations.
- To process your payment information and arrange shipment of your order.
- To communicate with you about your purchase.
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Contact Information. When you use the Site, there are several opportunities for you to interact with us, such as creating an account, signing up for a newsletter, commenting on our blog, or emailing us directly. When you do so, we may collect and use your name, email address, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us so that we can respond to you (“Contact Information”).
How We May Use Your Contact Information:
- To respond to the questions, inquiries you, and feedback sent to us.
- If you are a subscriber, to send you occasional marketing newsletters and other email updates about us (“Newsletters”). For instructions on how to opt-out of receiving Newsletters, please see Section 7.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES.
- Service Providers. Like most companies, we use tools from third party service providers to help us with some or all of our business through the Site (“Service Providers”), and depending on the service we need, these Service Providers may have access to your Personal Information. For example, we use a Service Provider’s email software to manage our Newsletter subscriptions, and if you provide us your email address to subscribe to the Newsletter, then your email address will be shared with that Service Provider. We also use Service Providers for the following purposes:
- To host the Site.
- To process your orders and payment information.
- To deliver emails and newsletters.
- To help us conduct web analytics on the Site.
We do not have direct control over how Service Providers use your Personal Information, and we cannot guarantee that our Service Providers will use your Personal Information as required in our contract with them. For this reason, we are not responsible for our Service Providers’ misuse of your Personal Information.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
- Tracking Technologies. We and our Service Providers use tracking technologies such as cookies, local storage, web beacons, pixel tags, tokens, widgets, etc. (“Tracking Technology”), to conduct analytics and to optimize the Site functionality and performance. We may use both session cookies (which expire when you close out of your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your browser until deleted).
- HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR ANALYTICS?
As an online business, it is important for us to know how users interact with our Site. We and our Service Providers will collect your location information and Device Information so that we can deliver our Site to our users, measure, analyze, and improve performance of the Site, and to continually update and develop our Site. For example, we will use this information to fix any bugs or errors in the Site and to determine if we need to support a new Device type for the Site.
- DO NOT TRACK.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- OPTING OUT OF OR UNSUBSCRIBING FROM NEWSLETTERS.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving Newsletters, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our information desk at (206) 770-2700. Please allow up to fourteen (14) business days before you stop receiving Newsletters. You may also continue to receive emails unrelated to marketing.
- THIRD PARTIES AND THEIR POLICIES.
Throughout the Site, you may see links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites, and when accessing their sites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- DATA RETENTION.
How long we store your Personal Information will depend on the purpose that we originally collected it. We will not retain Personal Information for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business interests or to comply with legal requirements. If you would like your Personal Information deleted, please contact us at, call our information desk at (206) 770-2700, or contact our sales or marketing department.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once it is received. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While no security system is completely secure, we and our Service Providers take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of the information collected by us.
The Site is not directed to users under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received any type of information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete such information. Please contact us at email@example.com or call our information desk at (206) 770-2700 if you believe we have collected information from a child.
- ACCESSING, MANAGING, AND/OR UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can request to access, update, or correct some of your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our information desk at (206) 770-2700.
- FOR CUSTOMERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we retain and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. You additionally have the right to receive a copy of the Personal Information we have about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your Personal Information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests, such as direct marketing, to prevent fraud, and to conduct analytics on the Site. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. We rely on model contractual clauses and/or the Privacy Shield certification for such transfers.
If you believe your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) have been violated, you may file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your country of residence. For contact information for your supervisory authority, visit: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- FOR COLORADO RESIDENTS.
Starting July 1, 2023, Colorado’s Consumer Privacy Act provides Colorado residents with certain rights around MoPOP’s collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. To opt-out of targeted advertising, to submit a data rights request, or appeal a denial of a request, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our information desk at (206) 770-2700. If you have concerns about the results of your appeal, you may contact the Colorado Attorney General’s office.
- FOR RESIDENTS IN CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, UTAH, AND VIRGINA.
As a non-profit, MoPOP’s is currently exempt from certain state privacy laws. However, your privacy is still important to us. If you wish to receive further information about or wish to opt out of MoPOP’s collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information, or to submit a request to have your Personal Information edited or deleted, please contact us at email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
- CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our information desk at (206) 770-2700.