Oscar Winner Ruth E. Carter’s costumes from more than a dozen films will be on display at MoPOP starting June 18 in an exhibition exploring her perspective on Afrofuturism: the application of knowledge intertwined with imagination, self-expression, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- 55 costumes designed by Ruth E. Carter from films including Black Panther, Do the Right Thing, Selma, Malcolm X, Roots, Coming 2 America, and more
- Immersive, interactive experiences including a Black Panther “Warrior Falls” photo opportunity
- Afrofuturistic installation incorporating original artwork by Brandon Sadler
- Original drawings, paintings, photographs, sketches, and mood boards
- Descriptive text panels with supplemental digital materials
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS